- In 1996 I won Family PC Magazine’s best kids’ website contest for my site Maddy Mayhem’s Kids’ Stuff which was later mentioned in several other magazines & newspapers worldwide and in The Internet for Kids for Dummies book and The Canadian Internet Handbook. I stopped publishing the site in 2000.
- When I was 12 I performed in several radio plays for a local radio station voicing the parts of the typical “dewy eyed 20 year old” type characters. The majority of the other voice actors were middle-aged.
- I took banjo lessons from ages 10-12. I still own the banjo but it hasn’t been out of it’s case in 20 years.
- I read an average of 10 books per week. Usually equally divided between fiction and non-fiction. I frequently have both “books out” and “books on hold” maxed at my local library. It’s not unusual for me to walk out of a library with 3 or 4 bags filled with books subjects ranging from cookbooks, mysql, knitting, self-help, media to chick-lit, mystery, and sci-fantasy.
- I’m reclusive by nature. I’ll often go as many as 5 or more weeks without leaving my house for any reason. Especially in the winters. As of this writing I haven’t left my house in 5 days and it had been over 2 weeks before that. This usually makes most people a little nuts but I find it peaceful.
- I took fashion design in college. I’ve never done much with the diploma until a couple of years ago when I started designing knitting patterns for my own use. I’m terrible at keeping track of these patterns though. They’re often just scribbled math equations and sketches with little rhyme or reason. Usually within 2 or 3 days of scribbling something down for a pattern even I don’t recall what it was for, having moved beyond that part in my work.
- I have too many interests, ideas, and passions. Most people have told me that I should settle down and do one thing. I’ve decided that the term Renaissance Soul was made just for me. I can’t imagine having just one calling in life. I’ve stopped trying to put the square peg in the round hole.
- Whenever asked “what can you do” or “what’s special about you” my standard reply is: I can build and install a linux computer from scratch; plan, cook and serve a dinner party for 50; read and write a review for a book – all in the same 24 hour period – In heels.
Now I’m going to tag 8 others to write their “8 things”. I hope they’ll play along:
Charles French – www.charlesfrench.com
@Knittwit – knittwits-wooly-thinking.blogspot.com
@roz123 – therozblog.com
Jeneatte Blei – chaosandjoy.blogspot.com
@paisano – thepaisano.wordpress.com
@AnnOhio – twitteringontheedge.blogspot.com
@banannie – banannie.com/blog
Ruth Ritchie – www.ruthritchie.com