Dear Secret Santa,
Today I was very frustrated. I agreed to join a Secret Santa gift exchange weeks ago with some social media types on Twitter. When I got the name of the person I was supposed to gift to, she wasn’t someone I knew, followed, read, or whatever.
I immediately started following her on twitter, subscribed to her blog on Google Reader and even went back over her last couple of months of posts on both twitter and her blog trying to get a bit of a feel for who she was and what she would like. After weeks of this I’m still no further along with my quest to find a suitable gift for her. I finally found something today which I hope she likes and shipped it off.
So while grousing to all who’d listen about how frustrating it has been to figure out a gift for this woman … the light bulb went on… maybe someone in the same gift exchange got MY name and now is banging their own head against the wall trying to figure out what to get for me!
So… my Dear Secret Santa… here are a few things that might hopefully make things a little easier to figure out for me…
I like the following things:
- raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens… really I do.
- anything coffee/espresso/mocha flavoured
- did I mention I like coffee? I do. But only coffee flavoured coffee. No French Vanilla, Chocolate Mint, Hazelnut, etc. Just coffee.
- the colour red. Vibrant primary fire engine cherry red. Love it.
- chocolate – milk chocolate is my favourite but dark is good too. I’m a purist though… no flavoured chocolate. Unless it’s coffee flavoured chocolate. I’m good with that 🙂
- yarn – natural fibres
- bamboo or walnut knitting needles
- did I mention coffee?
- siamese and ragdoll cats and anything that has images of siamese or ragdoll cats
- silly mugs with slogans (you know… for the coffee)
- silly t-shirts with slogans (size small or medium – I can do either – dark colors won’t show the coffee stains)
- mystery novels – I haven’t bought any in ages so if it was published in 2007 I haven’t read it.
- foodie stuff – kitcheny stuff (my kitchen is blood red), including sauces, spreads, mixes, etc. Always fun to try new things.
I do not like the following:
- flavoured coffees (I do love coffee though)
- knicknacks, bric-a-brac, dust collectors, etc – with the following exceptions: I like anything to do with The Nightmare Before Christmas and/or Tim Burton related items
And so… in closing… I hope I’ve helped you if you’re still shopping for me Dear Secret Santa. I hope I’m not too late.
I hope you have a wonderful, safe holiday season and that your Secret Santa is extra good to you this year.
P.S. Did I happen to mention I like coffee?